One of the key pillars of the Circular Bioeconomy Cluster South West is to support a coordinated and sustainable pipeline of funding and collaborative projects for our members through access points to knowledge exchange and strategic networking opportunities.
January 18th, 2023, saw the start to an exciting new year for Ireland’s bioeconomy. We were delighted to participate in the BIOINVEST Ireland Event, a collaboration between Irish Bioeconomy Foundation and InterTradeIreland that delivered 13 start-up pitches to a panel of potential investors from the European Circular Bioeconomy Fund, HBAN, Resolve Partners and Enterprise Ireland. This event was hosted at the historically significant Belfast Titanic Hotel in the Titantic quarter of the city’s docklands.
InterTradeIreland has been helping small businesses on the island of Ireland explore new cross-border markets, develop new products, processes and services, and become investor ready for over two decades. The BIOINVEST Ireland event was supported from InterTradeIreland’s Synergy initiative. Synergy is a cross-border cluster initiative set up by InterTradeIreland to scale cross border collaboration among SMEs and other players using cluster and networking supports, which increase the reach and impact of programmes resulting in mutual economic benefit to both Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Pitch Presentations were delivered by:
- Hexafly ; Agtech / insect protein
- Real Leaf Farm ; Agtech / vertical farming
- Redrose Development ; Aquaculture / Seaweed supply chain
- KnowCarbon ; Climate change / Data analysis
- Biasol ; food / from brewery spent grain
- Porous Liquid Technologies ; Green tech / nanotech
- Changeover Technologies ; Clean tech / waste conversion-valorisation
- Smapp lab ; Agtech / smart pest control
- Rootiful (from SPG Innovation) ; Food/foodtech, alternative plant-based protein
- MOF Technologies; Cleantech / carbon capture
- Gran Labs ; Medtech / skin care
- Phytaphix ; health / nutrition
- C-Tech ; Clean tech / waste conversion-valorisation
Our Circular Bioeconomy Cluster is partnering with Bioventures EU, InterTradeIreland, Enterprise Ireland and SFI national research centres & EI cluster networks to provide access to bioeconomy RDI supports and funding mechanisms.