2021 Innovation Exchange Event Recap
In 2021, we hosted 7 webinars as part of our Innovation Exchange series reaching over 1000 people across Ireland and Europe. Our goal was to foster knowledge exchange with our membership and wider stakeholder community. We showcased member companies and their technology and innovations and highlighted case studies for replication from Ireland and Europe. We had the absolute pleasure of hearing from over 30 of the most influential leaders on bioeconomy and circularity from business, government, investment, innovation clusters and research sectors. All the webinars are on our YouTube channel. Click here.
Marine entrepreneurs share their experiences in setting up bio-based businesses.
- Jason Whooley, BioMarine Ingredients
- Stephen Fitzpatrick, Nutramara
- Gordan Bond, Blue Circular Economy Project
- Amita Guneratnam, FANBEST Project
- Niall O’ Rahelly, Hatch
3rd December 2021: Circular Bioeconomy Innovation Exchange: Ecosystem Services & Blue Carbon in Marine Sector
Learn about the private equity fund that is dedicated to the entire blue bioeconomy and seaweed value chain, marine bio-products and seaweed projects.
- Pierre Erwes: BioMarine
- Dr Alexandre Tahar: MOREFISH
- Brijesh K. Tiwari: Teagasc
- Dir. Stefan Kraan: The Seaweed Company
26th October 2021: Blue Bioeconomy Showcase: Irish sustainable bioproducts made from algae
The Circular Bioeconomy Cluster South-West Cluster, FANBEST and BiOrbic are coming together to shine a light on the role of innovators using marine based materials to create sustainable products ready for market – whether its food, cosmetics or pet food!
- Jennifer O’Brien, CEO & founder Plantruption
- Paul O’Connor, Founder This is Seaweed
- Dr. Helena McMahon, MTU presenting on behalf of Nutramara Ltd
- Professor Brijesh Tiwari, BiOrbic
- Laura Jayne Foley, FANBEST
WASTE TO VALUE
16TH June 2021: Circular Bioeconomy Innovation Exchange: Waste-to-Value
Hear about approaches to valorising and creating added value from what would be considered as low value waste streams.
- Jack O’Connor, BHSL Waste Solutions
- Serena Lisai, HOOP Urban Bioeconomy Project
20TH October 2021: A Sustainable & Circular Food System in Ireland
This video is a discussion and learning session with experts that are working on applying food waste measurements, prevention and utilisation finding the social, environmental and economy impact.
Moderator: Catherine Fulvio, Chef, TV Presenter and Food Writer
- Dr Colum Gibson, Environmental Consultant, Clean Technology Centre
- Dr Sinead McCarthy, Research Officer, Teagasc.
- Dr Jennifer Attard, Research Project Manager, CircBio Research Group.
- Odile Le Bolloch, Environmental Scientist, EPA.
- Dr Sushanta Kumar Saha, Microalgal Biotechnologist, ShannonABC.
- Courtney Sheehy, Manager, FoodShare Kerry.
21st October 2021: Innovation Exchange: Agriculture 2030
AgriTech Ireland Cluster and the Circular Bioeconomy Cluster South-West came together to highlight leaders and businesses who are joining technology, innovation and research together.
- James Gaffey, Co-Director and Principal Investigator at the Circular Bioeconomy Research Group at ShannonABC, MTU
- Robert Shine, Director, SAMCO Agricultural Manufacturing Ltd
- Barry Lynch, Technical Director, AgriNet
- Dr. Julie Maguire, Bantry Marine Research Station
2nd November 20221: Circular Bioeconomy Innovation Exchange: Carbon & Agriculture Sector
During the session you will learn about the benefits of biochar application in Europe, the newest methods used in measuring carbon in soils and meet the manager of the new project from Bord na Mona and Resolve Partners.
- Stephen McCormack- IRBEA, Three C Project,
- Michael Murphy- Southern Scientific Services
- David Scanlon- Resolve Partners, Accelerate Green Programme with Bord na Mona